Website Monitoring Plan
The Food & Supplies Department, WB website undergoes regular monitoring through manual methods as well as through online tool named Monitor.Us. The detailed report of the analyses is obtained through a web based interface at http://monitor.us. This is password protected and is accessed by the Web Information Manager. The compiled report will be made available to Web Information Manager on weekly basis through mail.
The Food & Supplies Department, WB website is periodically monitored for addressing the issues of fixing bugs and correcting the incorrect information and for maintaining the quality and resolving the compatibility issues pertaining to following parameters:
- Functionality : All modules of the website are tested for their functionality and inter-linking compatibility issues for their smooth working.
- Performance : All important pages of the website are tested for the download time. Website download time can be optimized for a variety of network tested for this. This is done by checking the performance of the website in the Monitor.Us Tool which is available online. This tool generates the response time of page loading on daily basis to check the performance of the website and its report is maintained for future reference.
- Broken Links : The website is thoroughly reviewed to rule out the presence of any broken links or errors. The website is thoroughly reviewed to rule out the presence of any broken links or errors. SortSite 5 tool is used for finding out any broken links available in the website. This tool is run monthly basis to check the presence of any broken links in the website and its log is maintained.
- Availability: The Availability of the website is monitored through an online tool Monitor.Us. This tool provides the Up Time of website at every 30 minutes of interval on daily basis over email. Web Information Manager can get the detailed report by login to http://www.monitor.us site and maintained its log.
- Feedback: Feedback from the visitors is the best way to judge a website’s performance and make necessary improvements. The received feedback is analyzed time to time.